On the top-left image you can find a 2D slice from the RI map of a mouse fibroblast. The small images show its internal compartments (a. nucleus + nuclear membrane, b. lipid droplets, c. lysosomes, d. plasma membrane, e. nucleoli, f. mitochondria). The top right animation shows the 3D reconstruction of the mouse fibroblast.
Are you interested in Cell Biology? Would you like to work with a revolutionary 3D microscope to explore living cells? Do you dream of visiting Switzerland?
Nanolive and CoolLED are inviting undergraduate students from all over the world to submit a proposal to win a one week trip to Nanolive’s headquarters in Lausanne at the end of July (dates subject to discussion). The winner will get a chance to work alongside Nanolive’s scientists and use the cutting-edge 3D Cell Explorer microscope to explore living cells in 3D. Visit this page to see all the amazing applications you can use the 3D Cell Explorer for: www.nanolive.ch/applications.
Don’t wait for too long for this opportunity! Be part of the amazing renowned worldwide users.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your application to email@example.com before May 31st. The application should include the following:
- Your best single cell image or cell-cell interaction you acquired with a few lines caption explaining cell type, equipment used, date of acquisition and context (e.g. cell biology course, internship, …)
- One A4 page explaining why you would like to go to Switzerland and what excites you about live cell imaging
- Recommendation letter from your biology professor/ head of department or any relevant faculty member
- The competition prize is a 1-week research project at Nanolive’s headquarter in Lausanne to work with the 3D Cell Explorer holo-tomographic microscope. Coverage includes round-trip to Nanolive’ headquarter, accommodation and lunch allowance.
- This competition is reserved to academic undergraduate students currently enrolled in a life science course (Bachelor or Master).
- Applicants must have a valid passport to travel to Switzerland (including Visa if applicable).
- Each submission needs to be supported with a letter of recommendation by a departmental head or biology professor or any relevant faculty member.
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
- Each student may submit one proposal for judging.
- Entries will be judged on:
- Cell Image aesthetics/ scientific value
- Enthusiasm & Motivation
- Quality of the application
- Entries must be received no later than May 31st, 2018.
- Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prizewinners will be notified by email before the end of June.
- The judging panel for the competition is selected solely by Nanolive SA and is final. The decision of Nanolive SA panel of judges is final.
- By submitting an entry to this competition, you agree that:
- If your entry is selected by Nanolive as a winning project, you give Nanolive SA, worldwide rights to use your name and cell image in connection with the competition as Nanolive sees fit.
- After your 1 week project will be completed, you give Nanolive SA, worldwide rights to use your results on its website/ communication / marketing material.
- Winning projects will only be used in connection with the competition and accompanying publicity and will include appropriate credits.
- All reasonable care will be taken in handling projects digital files, but Nanolive SA does not assume responsibility for their loss or damage.