BEFORE following the next 6 troubleshooting steps, please make sure that:
Step 1: Your computer is connected with the 3D Cell Explorer and internet
Step 2: You verify that you have the config file in this Location C:\Users\”your user name”\AppData\Roaming\Nanolive\config
Are you having trouble with the installation?
Please follow these 6 steps to help you diagnose and troubleshoot the problem:
1) Check if the 3D Cell Explorer’s driver on Windows 10 are up to date
- Install Steve, connect all cables and switch on the microscope.
- Open the Device Manager (try one of the 7 ways to do it from here).
- Open the “Ports (COM & LPT)”. You should get something similar to this figure:
- Right click on “USB Serial Device (COM_XXX)” and choose “Update Driver Software…” .
- Now, choose “Search automatically for updated driver software” and wait until windows updates to “3D Cell Explorer (COM_XXX)”. At the end you should see this:
- You are done. You can launch Steve now.
2) Check if the 3D Cell Explorer is installed
- Open the Device Manager: Click on the Windows Start Button, write “devmgmt.msc” and push enter or follow the instruction from: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/tipstricks/f/finddevmngr.htm. On the Device Manager under the Ports (COM & LPT) you should find the 3D Cell Explorer (ignore the COM port number).
3) Check if the Basler Camera is installed
- On the Device Manager you should find:
4) Check if the USB 3.0 Drivers are installed
On the Device Manager under the Universal Serial Bus controllers you should find something similar with this image (Intel(R) could be replaced by other manufactures, like Renesas Electronics, for example):
5) Check if the camera USB 3.0 cable is connected to an USB 3.0 port
Please check if one of your computer USB 3.0 ports presents either the USB 3.0 symbol (Image B) or the blue plastic inside (Image C). If yes, please connect the camera USB cable to this port. If no, your computer is not equipped with USB 3.0 ports.
6) Check your NVIDIA driver version
From your system tray (right side of the windows taskbar) click on the “NVIDIA GeForce Experience”. If you do not find it, then the Nvidia card drivers are not installed.
If you found it: click on “Open NVIDIA Control Panel”. On the NVIDIA Control Panel click on the left bottom link: System Information. From there, please report the following Graphics card information:
- your graphic card (under the left side Items list),
- the “Driver version” (under the right side Details list)
- the “Dedicated video memory” (under the right side Details list, scroll down to find it).